We are an ethical lifestyle brand that leverages technology with human ingenuity to catalyze global supply chain innovation, partnering with artisan entrepreneurs to create thoughtful fashion for consumers who care and won’t compromise.
SOKO is pioneering a revolution in manufacturing to scale artisanal production of handmade products for conscious consumers, thereby disrupting large scale factory production models while enhancing the lives of artisans, their families, and the communities in which they live.
Our products are handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials and have been endorsed for our social impact work by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank.
Our distributed manufacturing model leverages mobile technology to coordinate +2200 independent artisans into an efficient and powerful production force which we call our virtual factory. We have over 700 retail points of distribution in 64 countries worldwide.
We believe the future of ethical business is not just doing things nicer, but doing things better, leveraging innovation to create a next generation business model that is both kinder and more competitive.
Supply Chain Operations Coordinator
Full Time - Nairobi, KENYA - Supply Chain
We are looking for a Supply Chain Operations Coordinator to support our various Supply Chain departments and ensure that they have living service level agreements, standard operating procedures and crisis operating procedures in order to improve on quality, reduce costs and deliver a lean, efficient and agile supply chain that promotes overall revenue growth.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Reporting to the Shared Services Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing objectives for the Operations Department’s day-to-day activities with guidance from the Shared Services Manager
- Conducting effective resource utilization to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology, process etc.)
- Proposing process improvements and optimizing strategies involving real-time process capacity
- Using a data-sensitive approach to decision making to propose process or service improvements including making recommendations to the technology team on system improvements
- Giving structured and actionable weekly/monthly feedback to the shared services manager
- Analyzing daily and weekly operations metrics with a macro view of the long-term success of the company
- Working closely with the Business Analyst to collect and evaluate SC data (costs, service level, turn around timelines or metrics)
- Training and coaching direct reports to maintain high service level standards
- Monitoring service level agreements with a view to evaluating departmental performance using key metrics and, where possible, make improvements
- Ensuring that the operation Matrix covers all aspects of supply chain and enables a fair assessment of the supply chain process
- Ensuring that SC team members process their day to day work in line with the laid down SOPs, SLAs, COPs etc.
- Ensuring that the Latest Process Updates/Changes are communicated to & understood by all team members
- Keeping the Shared Services Manager updated on any and all areas of concern in real time
- Preparing weekly performance reviews and ensuring that adequate action plans are in place to raise performance levels
- Conducting team meetings/performance reviews periodically and ensuring adequate action plans are in place to improve performance levels and providing feedback on the same to the Shared Services
WE'D LOVE IT IF YOU HAVE
- Hold a Diploma in Operations Management or equivalent
- Have at least 3 years of working experience, 2 of which should be in a busy supply chain department
- Be strong in process evaluation and mapping
- Be proficient in MS Office and basic analysis software programs
- Have strong analytical and report writing skills
- Be an excellent communicator and collaborator
- Have strong interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates should send their applications (CV and cover letter only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SOKO does currently sponsor employement visas. You must be authorized to work in Kenya to be considered.
- Please indicate current and expected salary. Deadline for applications is March 21, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Name Your Internship
Internship - SF, LA, NYC - USA
Love jewelry and fashion? Interested in joining the SOKO team but don't see the perfect fit? We want to hear from you! Tell us why an internship at SOKO is right for you.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Write up your dream job title (Photo Stylist? Sales & Support Ninja? Ecommerce Innovator?), and let us know how you'd want to spend your time with us.
WE'D LOVE IT IF YOU HAVE
- Professional, friendly, and courteous manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Google Suite experience preferred
- Commitment to SOKO’s mission and vision; passionate about ethical and sustainable fashion
- What skills and/or experience can you bring to our team?
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and answers to the questions above to email@example.com.
SOKO does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, SOKO employees, or any other company location. SOKO is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.