We are an ethical lifestyle brand that leverages technology with human ingenuity to catalyze global supply chain innovation, partnering with artisan entrepreneurs to create thoughtful fashion for consumers who care and won’t compromise.
SOKO is pioneering a revolution in manufacturing to scale artisanal production of handmade products for conscious consumers, thereby disrupting large scale factory production models while enhancing the lives of artisans, their families, and the communities in which they live.
Our products are handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials and have been endorsed for our social impact work by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank.
Our distributed manufacturing model leverages mobile technology to coordinate +2200 independent artisans into an efficient and powerful production force which we call our virtual factory. We have over 700 retail points of distribution in 64 countries worldwide.
We believe the future of ethical business is not just doing things nicer, but doing things better, leveraging innovation to create a next generation business model that is both kinder and more competitive.
Senior Merchandising Manager
Full Time - San Francisco - Marketing/Merchandising
Responsible for monitoring market trends to determine product designs, product levels and pricing. Works closely with the design team to ensure product designs give the Company a competitive edge while maintaining a unique aesthetic.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Duties and Responsibilities will include the following:
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance customer’s expectations and company objectives
- Analyze sales figures, customer reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/ stock
- Remain up to date with industry best practices and incorporate them into company strategy
- Work with the senior designer to conceptualize and develop new collections unique to the SOKO aesthetic including developing, planning and implementing the merchandising/ brand strategy, handling the naming system for all products as well as develop designs for collaborations with MaaS clients
- Analyze jewelry concepts and designs to determine whether they meet the SOKO aesthetic and customer needs
- Determine quantities of SKUs to be developed for seasonal line sheets based on market research and ensure right design and availability of merchandise for the different sales channels. Track bill of materials and SKU creation.
- Work with the design team to determine costs for new designs and advise wholesaler and eCommerce on MSRP
- Responsible for product training and walk through for new products
- Oversee the merchandising team and provide the link between eCommerce, Wholesale, Design and Supply Chain
- Manage the design workflow to ensure timelines are met and new designs get into the supply chain on time and within budget
- Monitor stock movement and advise on markdowns, promotions, price changes, clear outs, off price channel, discontinue, etc
- Assort and assign units to different verticals in the sales chain and, working with the wholesale and eCommerce teams, develop new projects, campaigns and business ideas
- Facilitate new product needs by working closely with the Production and Finance teams
WE'D LOVE IT IF YOU HAVE
The ideal candidate has a strong background in merchandising and product development, preferably in jewelry, with at least 8 years' experience, holds a Bachelors degree in business or marketing or a related field and can demonstrate the following:
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to switch seamlessly between big-picture thinking and attention to the smallest details
- Proven experience in merchandising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial acumen and the ability to “decode” customers
- Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills
- Flexibility to work odd hours to collaborate with global teams. Able to work from home and in-office
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and G-suite with strong spreadsheet skills
- A background in inventory planning would be an added advantage
The position would require future travel to Kenya
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates should apply here.
- SOKO does currently sponsor employement visas. You must be authorized to work in US to be considered.
Name Your Internship
Internship - SF, LA, NYC - USA
Love jewelry and fashion? Interested in joining the SOKO team but don't see the perfect fit? We want to hear from you! Tell us why an internship at SOKO is right for you.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Write up your dream job title (Photo Stylist? Sales & Support Ninja? Ecommerce Innovator?), and let us know how you'd want to spend your time with us.
WE'D LOVE IT IF YOU HAVE
- Professional, friendly, and courteous manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Google Suite experience preferred
- Commitment to SOKO’s mission and vision; passionate about ethical and sustainable fashion
- What skills and/or experience can you bring to our team?
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and answers to the questions above to email@example.com.
SOKO does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, SOKO employees, or any other company location. SOKO is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.