Happy Fourth of July! Here are our six most patriotic picks:
1. Some people love the food, other people love the decorations, but everyone can agree that the most magical part of the Fourth of July is the fireworks. Here in NYC, our favorite spots to take them in with friends and family are the South St. Seaport and the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade; find other cool spots here.
2. There’s no better time than the Fourth of July to appreciate American culture – whether you like to blast Bruce Springsteen or get cozy with a historic adventure. Check out these lists to find what to watch and who to listen to.
3. Striped Strawberries: Patriotic sweets are an adorable and delicious addition to any good Fourth of July party. These red, white, and blue dipped strawberries are so cute, you almost won’t want to eat them.
4. The perfect Soko accessory for a Fourth of July outfit is the Mara Triple Tube Necklace. It comes in several different shades of red, white, and blue, so it’s super easy to match with any look!
5. Clint Dempsey & Tim Howard: The members of the USA World Cup 2014 team are American heroes because they gave 100% until the very end, and, as a result, finally put American soccer on the map. Two leaders that stand out are the team captain, Clint Dempsey, who scored throughout the tournament despite a broken nose, and the goalie, Tim Howard, who made a record-breaking 16 saves in the final match. Thank you, boys!
6. Star Spangled Shorts: A pair of Daisy Dukes is the ultimate summer uniform. Make them flag-inspired, and they’re perfect for a Fourth of July night – plus, there are tons of ways to make them yourself! (p.s. We see you, Queen Bey).