#TGIF! Here’s our latest installment of the Soko Six:
1. Africa Yoga Project (AYP), our partner behind the Shine Bracelet, is a non-profit that educates and employs youth in Kenya by creating a local market for yoga. Offering free teacher trainings, they enable participants to become self-sustaining, and thus alleviate poverty. Their wonderful transforming effect on the country is growing by the day. Namaste!
2. There is no greater dilemma than that of choosing footwear for a rainy summer day. It’s too hot for boots, and flip-flops are too casual – not to mention that they don’t stand a chance against a torrential downpour. Normally we’d pick our ugliest pair of flats and let the storm have its way, but not any more: Hunter has a line of jelly sandals – and they’re on sale! Available in deliciously bright colors – and as original or t-strap – these rubber summer shoes are the answer to our prayers.
3. These New Yorker Collection beach towels are everything summer should be: bright, fun, and happy. Throw on some oversized sunglasses and a stack of chunky bangles (might we suggest our Colorblock bracelets?) and you are one trendy tanner! Or, give one as a birthday gift to your favorite June Baby.
4. If you’re watching the World Cup (or pretending to watch the World Cup), there’s no beverage more fitting to sip on than the Caipirinha, the national cocktail of Brazil. Made from Cachaça, Brazil’s most popular, rum-like liquor, sugar, and lime, the Caipirinha (that’s ky-pee-reen-yah) is refreshing and sweet. You can modify the original to your mood by adding different fruits and juices – we love these recipes! (And Spanish fans, help yourself to the pitcher – we feel your pain.)
5. Between SummerStage and Good Morning America’s “Fun in the Sun” series, summer in NYC’s Central Park will be booming – literally. If you’re game to wake up at 6am on a Friday morning (power to you), catch Kings of Leon, Zedd, Florida Georgia Line, and Robin Thicke – for free! If you’re more of a night owl, get tickets for Counting Crows, John Butler Trio, or Neon Trees. See you there!
6. Though smaller than many of our other pieces, these earrings pack a punch. We’d wear the hammered brass rectangles studs with white jeans, wedges, and a low, messy bun for a fun night out to dinner. They’re so hot, they’re out of stock – but don’t worry, they’ll be back next week.