1. Zendaya: No, we’re not just obsessing over this vocal powerhouse because she wore our Maasai Half Moon Pendant on her Wednesday Access Hollywood appearance (OMG!, by the way). Nearly a year after its release, we’re still listening to her hit single “Replay”. It’s perfect for a sweaty summer workout or blasting on the highway.
2. Our Leather and Brass Applique Necklace: This classic statement piece has been getting some serious #love this week. LaLa Anthony wore it with a nude dress to the Miami premiere of Think Like a Man Too on Wednesday night, and orders are coming in fast! Get yours now on our website for 21% off when you use our pre-summer sale code, PRESUMMER14, or get it for FREE when you enter Fashion Bomb Daily’s contest!
3. Have shade, will travel. The best way to beat the heat (and serious skin damage) is to wear a sun hat – and an adorable one at that! We love Anthropologie’s collection; they’re incredibly fun, cute, and versatile – dress one up for a June wedding, or throw one on to walk to work!
4. Glowing Summer Makeup: Your look for the summer season should reflect your surroundings – you want to be warm, sunny, fresh, and glowing. Avoid thick, greasy, and dark products and opt for glimmering mineral powders (we’re obsessed with bareMinerals!). Use light pink, lavender, and bronze tones for your eyes and golden browns for your face. Add a swipe of tinted lip balm and you’re ready to go!
5. The World Cup has begun in one of the most fascinating countries in the world, Brazil. Keep up on all the matches and support your favorite teams; even though Kenya is not participating, there are still five representatives of the African continent and we want to see them go all the way! Check out our World Cup Style blog post to plan the perfect game-watching outfits.
6. Joe’s Pub at the Public Theater: Recently my friend dragged me to see Nora Jane Struthers and the Party Line at Joe’s Pub – and I’m so glad she did! Joe’s Pub is cozy and oh-so-very cool – a great idea for a night out with friends or an interesting date. Each week it offers a multitude of live performances, featuring a variety of genres by talented, relatively unknown artists. Find your new favorite along with great food and drinks – I recommend the Rosé! (Location: 425 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10003)