The Governors Ball Music Festival starts today, and we couldn’t be more excited for a weekend filled with music from some of our favorite (and soon to be favorite) artists, a smorgasbord of food trucks, and lots of sunshine. Preparing for three full days of festival-ing can be a daunting task, no matter how seasoned you are, so we’ve prepared a list of the essential items (and accessories, of course) you’ll need to have a…ball.
Now that you’ve got your first outfit figured out, don’t forget these other important must-haves:
1. Your ticket. You’ve got to make it inside :)
2. Water. It’s gonna be hot, and a trip to the med tent because of dehydration is not in our itinerary for the weekend. Don’t forget to stay hydrated while enjoying all the amazing artists you’re so excited for!
3. A Bag. Something cute and stylish to keep all your GovbBall essentials close and easy to reach all day long while you’re enjoying the music, but nothing too big or heavy. Or, if you’re a fan and you don’t plan to bring a lot of stuff, a fanny pack is always a festival favorite!
After running around soaking up all that vitamin D on day 1, make sure you bring sun protection + dress comfortably so you’re still standing by Sunday!
4. Sunglasses. The weekend forecast is sun, sun and more sun, and you don’t want that sun blocking your view of your favorite band! Don’t forget that stylish pair of sunglasses you love.
5. Sunscreen. A painful sunburn is the last thing you want slowing you down on a fun weekend like this one, so don’t let that happen. Make sure to apply and re-apply all day long!
6. Comfortable Shoes. We all want to look cute for GovBall, but this is NOT the weekend to break out that new pair of shoes you just bought. Go with a cute pair you know you can rely on. Your day will be full of standing, dancing and jumping, so you want to make sure you’ll be comfortable all day long!
Make sure you capture some of your favorite moments, but don’t get too caught up with making sure you Instagram every moment. We recommend:
7. Disposable Camera. You’ll want to remember everything that happened this weekend, and the best way to do that is by taking lots of photos! Bringing along a disposable camera or two will help save your cellphone’s battery and they’re so much fun to play around with.
Regardless of what you wear, it really is all about the music. Here’s where the Soko ladies will be jumping, grooving, and shaking this weekend:
See you on the island!